What are inside bets?
Inside bets are highly favoured by more experimented roulette players and risk-takers: they are the most thrilling. However, you should know that while these bets are indeed more dangerous, they yield more than outside bets.
When playing a game of roulette, inside bets consists in betting on one or several numbers in order to guarantee a higher chance of winning profits.
As soon as you place a bet on one unique winning number out of 37, if you are playing French roulette, or 38 if you are playing American roulette, it is clear that your chances to win are smaller than when betting on a combination of numbers.
It is therefore recommended that you place multiple inside bets.
Remain vigilant when you place your chips on one or several numbers you wish to be winning: a voluntary or involuntary shifting of the chips with your elbows can easily happen. Even though the croupier makes sure this kind of problem does not occur, you should still keep an eye on your chips, so that there is no ambiguity.
Description of different types of inside bets
Here are some examples of the most frequent inside bets, which correspond to specific types of game.
- The Straight Up Bet is the one that yields the most: up to 35 times your initial bet. It is placed on a single number.
- As for the Split Bet (“à cheval”), it consists in placing a bet on the line between two adjacent numbers and it can yield up to 17 times your bet.
- The so-called Street Bet (“transversale”) concerns the exterior line of the layout, on a row of three numbers. If one of the numbers is winning, you can win up to 11 times your bet.
- The Corner Bet (“carré”) consists in placing a bet on the intersection of four numbers: if one of the 4 numbers is winning, you get 8 times your bet.
- The Six Line Bet (“sixain”) implies to place a bet on the intersection of six numbers and it can make you win the equivalent of 5 times your initial bet.
- Finally, the so-called Four-Number Bet consists in placing a bet on the line separating the zero and numbers 1, 2 and 3: it can yield up to 8 times your bet.
Place your bets and make your inside bet strategy work, for exhilarating roulette games.